Lifetime Achievement Award (previously Honorary Life Membership)
Given to honour Australian Water Association members who, through meritorious service, have made positive and demonstrable contribution to the Australian Water Industry.
AWA Members with a minimum of 15 years membership of the Australian Water Association. Does not need to be continuous membership.
Nominations shall be supported by written evidence detailing the service and contributions of the nominee in relation to the following criteria:
- Displayed an exemplary personal and professional contribution in their field
- Recognised for their leadership and influence amongst colleagues and peers
- Recognised for raising the profile of careers in the water industry
- Held in high esteem for the mentoring roles they play to junior water industry professionals
- Recognised for fostering diversity, inclusion and equality in the water sector
- Recognised for their contribution to water awareness in the community
A nomination for Lifetime Achievement Award shall only be made by an Australian Water Association Branch Committee or by two or more Board members. Nominations should be submitted directly to AWA National office via the online submission form. Confidentiality in nomination is essential and nominees should not be aware that they are being nominated for the award.
The judging panel will be appointed by the Board and will typically comprise of the current President and two most recent and available past Presidents. The decision of the judging panel will be presented to the Australian Water Association’s Board for approval.
Life Membership at a selected plenary session at Ozwater. There is no maximum or minimum number that can be awarded if suitable candidates are presented.
See our list of past recipients here
Submitting your nomination
Submissions should be in an electronic format and must include the following compiled information:
- A completed nomination form
- An executive summary outlining the main reason for the nomination (maximum 500 words)
- Detailed information introducing the nominee and addressing the criteria (maximum 4 A4 pages)
- Photo (in jpg or similar format)
- Biography (minimum 180 words, maximum 300 words)
- Two letters of reference
Friday, 19 March 2021
Australian Water Association Awards
ph. 02 9436 0055
Australian Water Association
PO Box 222, St Leonards NSW 1590