Water Professional of the Year
This award honours individuals who, over the previous 5 years, have displayed passion and commitment, while also inspiring positive change in the water sector.
This award is open to all Professional AWA Members and Employees of Corporate AWA Members.
Complete the Nomination Form
- Displayed an exemplary personal and professional contribution to the industry
- Recognised for their vision, leadership and influence amongst colleagues and peers
- Recognised for fostering diversity, inclusion and equality in the water sector
- Recognised as an advocate for the industry and displayed a commitment to community or cross-sectoral outreach.
When completing the online nomination form you will be asked to answer the following.
- Describe how the nominee has contributed professionally to the advancement of the sector over the past five years. This may be from a technical, policy or management perspective. (500 words)
- Describe how the nominee is promoting and achieving a sustainable water future outside their primary role over the past five years. E.g: through volunteer, secondary or extra-curricular roles. (500 words)
- Describe how the nominee's leadership has positively impacted their organisation, the industry, the environment and/or society over the past five years. (500 words)
- Describe how the nominee has supported diversity, inclusion and equality including inspiring leadership and capacity in others (over the past five years). (500 words)
- Describe how the nominee might be recognised as a water industry advocate and displayed a commitment to outreach in terms of either cross-sectoral or community water awareness (over the past five years). (500 words)
- Executive summary as to why the nominee should be awarded the AWA Water Professional of the Year (250 words)
- Please upload:
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short promotional blurb about the nominee, to be used should they be selected as a finalist, to promote the nominee and to be used at the awards presentation event. (50 words)
Note: Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a three-minute video overview of the nominee for promotional purposes. This video should feature the nominee, by either being on camera and/or speaking, for more than 75% of the video.
2021 National Winner - Australian Water Professional of the Year
Dr Annette Davison
Annette is the embodiment of professional excellence in water quality risk governance and is an ambassador for the water industry who is dedicated to building a secure water quality future for all. Throughout her career, Annette’s passion for a risk-based approach to water safety has changed the industry focus from end-point testing to a preventative approach. She has innovated within and beyond her own company and sector, founding 3 organisations over the last 5 years to help improve and transform water quality data and information governance, leading to tangible public health outcomes and achievement of SDG 6.