Given in honour of Michael Flynn
Awarded to the author(s) of the best paper and best poster presentation at Ozwater. The award aims to reward high quality papers, oral presentations and poster presentations.
This award replaces the earlier Michael Flynn Award.
Award Patron - Michael Flynn
Michael Flynn was a founding member of the Australian Water Association. As a member, Federal Councilor and Federal President he contributed greatly to the AWA until his passing in 1980.
Winner Best Ozwater Paper and Presentation 2019
Dave Woodmore, SA Water: Meeting he needs of customers living with disability leads to better services for all – Project ‘Wider World’
A case study on how SA Water is meeting the needs of customers living with disability has been named the Ozwater’19 Best Paper and Presentation.
Written by SA Water Customer Experience Design and Delivery Lead Dave Woodmore, the paper discusses Project 'Wider World', an initiative that aims to provide better products and services for customers. We've spoken to Dave to find out more - red the full interview here.
See our list of past recipients here
- Oral presentation must be made by at least one of the authors;
- Paper and Poster must link to one or more of the conference themes;
- Papers and Posters must be presented at Ozwater; and
- Papers and posters must be original and should not have been presented at any other event or conference.
Best Poster Presentation:
- Appeal of overall layout and design;
- Effectiveness of the poster in communicating the desired message; and
- Innovative, unique or other outstanding features that define it from other posters.
Best Paper Presentation:
- Ability to connect and engage with the audience;
- Quality of visual presentation; and
- Innovative, unique or other outstanding features that define it from other papers.
N/A – all papers and posters presented at Ozwater will be considered.
Best Paper Presentation
Submitted papers will be given a score out of 10 by each reviewer based on quality and relevance to the conference program. The top 10 papers will then be submitted to the judging panel (to be made up of Ozwater Committee members) for scoring based on above criteria. Judges will attend the top 10 presentations and score each based on above criteria (a minimum of 3 judges will be required at each presentation – but must be consistent for equality of scoring). If more than one paper/presentation wins with the same score, the judges will be required to select one winner only.
Best Poster Presentation
Submitted posters will be reviewed by a panel of AWA staff and given a score out of 10. The top 10 posters will then be submitted to the judging panel (to be made up of Ozwater Committee members) for scoring based on above criteria, and a winner chosen. If more than one paper/presentation wins with the same score, the judges will be required to select one winner only.
Ozwater closing ceremony