DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING SPECIALIST
- Purpose driven organisation dedicated to driving a sustainable water future
- Delivering great Member experience is at the core of what we do
- Key role in our member centric digital transformation, immediate start
The Australian Water Association is a national not-for-profit organisation and Australia’s biggest water network. Our primary objective is to inspire and drive a sustainable water future.
We have just embarked on a very exciting transformation to be a truly member centric digital organisation. We will be focussing on growing our core and differentiating capabilities through developing our people, streamlining our processes, enabling data and technology and adopting Agile ways of working.
Working closely with and reporting to our Head of Communications & Corporate Services you will be responsible for enhancing our member experience and increasing the Associations profile and reputation more broadly through our digital and print content and communications. In addition, your role will help to drive engagement with our products and services such as membership and events through effective and targeted marketing.
Specifically, you will be responsible for implementing our digital communications and marketing strategy and collaborating with stakeholders across the Association to ensure its relevance and effectiveness while providing a superior member experience. You will raise brand awareness, reputation and profile by determining key messaging and campaigns to engage our members and the community. You will assist in the development of a fully integrated digital tactical plan and plan, implement and evaluate digital campaigns and communications with key KPIs linked to open and click rates, conversion to registrations for our events and member profiling.
Joining us during a significant and exciting time of organisational transformation, there will be plenty for you to get your teeth into and showcase your strong digital, communications and marketing knowledge and experience.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful you’ll need to have a strong understanding of digital marketing specifically including segmentation, EDMs, online advertising and its interrelationship with social media and website development. You will be great at developing, nurturing and managing positive working relationships and deliver excellent client service with both internal and external clients.
You will have 5+ years’ experience in the areas of marketing, copywriting and/or advertising with outstanding written and verbal communication skills including managing external communications, content development, editing and marketing.
You will have appropriate degree level qualifications or equivalent experience in a communications or marketing discipline.
Knowledge of and/ or experience in the water sector or similar.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We embrace diversity& inclusion and celebrate difference in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and locations. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please provide a covering letter specifically addressing the selection criteria together with your CV by no later than 11th June 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Water Association Values
What is our Culture? How do we do things at the Australian Water Association?
Australian Water Association members, employees and stakeholders share a set of values to help guide behaviours in terms of how we treat each other as well as those in the broader community. These values are part of our culture.
In everything the Association does, we will:
- Respect and respond to the needs of our members and stakeholders, striving to continually improve the quality of our services.
- Be open and accessible, fair and equitable, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and confidence.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of our members, volunteers and employees.
- Encourage a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
- Be creative, innovative, agile and change oriented.
- Do what is best for our members and community for a sustainable water future.
Exciting career opportunities...
Australia is leading the world in adapting to a rapidly drying climate, therefore our water industry is experiencing a period of change and expansion. The industry is growing and it is anticipated that there will be approximately $30 billion invested in infrastructure over the next ten years.
There is a unique advantage for Australia's current and future water workers:
- There will be demand for 40,000 new water workers by 2018 according to research reports AND
- The reputation of Australia's water workers has led to increasing international demand for their expertise
Careers in water can also offer the following benefits:
- Career stability
- Good working conditions
- Challenging and satisfying work
- A whole world of opportunity
For more information about careers or to search for job opportunities in the water sector, visit our jobs site.