Water Professional of the Year
Honouring individuals who have displayed passion and commitment to the water industry, while also demonstrating leadership and influence.
Complete the Nomination Form
See a copy of the Nomination Form
- Displayed an exemplary personal and professional contribution in their field
- Recognised for their leadership and influence amongst colleagues and peers
- Recognised for raising the profile of careers in the water industry
- Held in high esteem for the mentoring roles they play to junior water industry professionals
- Recognised for fostering diversity, inclusion and equality in the water sector
- Recognised for their contribution to water awareness in the community
When completing the online nomination form you will be asked to answer the following.
- How has the nominee contributed professionally to the water sector? (500 words)
- From a voluntary and personal perspective, how have they contributed to the water sector? (500 words)
- How has the nominee's leadership positively impacted their organisation, colleagues and peers? (500 words)
- How has the nominee raised the profile of careers in the water industry? (250 words)
- Provide examples of how they have mentored Young Water Professionals. (250 words)
- Provide examples of how the nominee has encouraged diversity, inclusion and equality in their career to date. (250 words)
- Water awareness in the community is important. How has the nominee raised a greater awareness of water across the wider community? Please provide at least one example. (250 words)
- What is the nominee’s proudest ‘water’ achievement to date? (500 words)
- Please upload:
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short overview of the nominee, to be used at the awards presentation night, should they be selected as a finalist. (50 words)
Note: Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a three-minute video overview of the nominee for promotional purposes.
2019 Winner - Australian Water Professional of the Year
Darryl Day, Managing Director, ICE WaRM
Darryl has dedicated his life to the water sector, as a committed and passionate participant for nearly 40 years, with 35 of these being in service to the Northern Territory Government. His lifelong passion to address access to sanitation and safe drinking water supplies is evident through the endless time he has devoted to improving the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians and some of the Northern Territory’s most disadvantaged community members.
In his current role Darryl works with international organisations in the realisation of the Sustainable Development Goals by leading collaborative approaches in capacity development. Darryl’s personal commitment to the industry is showcased through his extensive volunteer participation in peak industry bodies, education providers and research institutions and the numerous industry Board’s he has directed.
Darryl’s efforts have created a lasting legacy which he continues to grow and expand with each working year and he is a highly deserving recipient of the 2019 Water Professional of the Year.