MoU's have been signed between the Australian Water Association and the:
- Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute (KETI)
- Malaysia Water Association
- Vietnam Water Supply and Sewerage Association (VWSA)
- American Water Works Association
- Federation of Thai Industry (FTI)
- Persatuan Perusahaan Air Minum Indonesia – Indonesian Water Supply Association (PERPAMSI)
- Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU)
- Philippines Water Works Association (PWWA)
MoU's are also being pursued with Iran (Iranian Association of Water and Wastewater Experts), Korea (Korean Water and Wastewater Works Association, Korea Environment Corporation), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar.
The AWA agreements with counterpart organisations have led to a greater exchange of information, increased visits to Australia by international water professionals and in particular it has led to AWA taking on significant DFAT funded projects in Vietnam, which will lead to great opportunities for the Australian water industry.
The alliances the Australian Water Association has secured in ASEAN countries was an outcome of the Asian Business Engagement funding, an Austrade funding program. The success of the Association work in ASEAN encouraged ANZ to join the AWA as sponsor and partner in the International program. The ANZ is the principal sponsor of the Australian Water Association’s international program and is working with the Association in water sectors in Vietnam and Indonesia.
The Australian Water Association has alliances with counterpart organisations and there is participation of each other’s events.
- In 2015, the American Water Work Association attended Ozwater’15 and the Australian Water Association took a delegation of 8 Australian water companies to exhibit at their ACE15 in Anaheim, California.
- In 2015, the Australian Water Association took the largest Australian delegation ever travelling to Vietnam for Vietwater 2015 in November (up to 80 Australian delegates).
- In 2016, Vietnam Water Supply and Sewerage Association attended Ozwater’16 with up to 50 Vietnamese water professionals – the largest Vietnam delegation that ever travelled to Australia. The Federation of Thai Industry also took a delegation of 12 to attend Ozwater’16.
- In 2016, the Australian Water Association took a delegation of 52 Australians across Australian water sector to attend Vietwater 2016.
During 2016, the Association also hosted 2 inbound delegations from Korea, 3 inbound delegations from Vietnam, 1 inbound delegation from India for the purpose of information exchange and experience sharing.
Ministry of Finance, Vietnamese Delegation