The Australian Water Association’s agreements with counterpart organisations have led to a greater exchange of information and increased visits to Australia by international water professionals. It has also seen the Association taking on significant DFAT-funded projects across the Indo-Pacific, which will lead to great opportunities for the Australian water sector.
The alliances the Association has secured in ASEAN countries was an outcome of the Asian Business Engagement funding, an Austrade funding program. The success of the Association’s work in ASEAN encouraged ANZ Bank to join the Association as sponsor and partner in the international program. ANZ Bank is the principal sponsor of the Australian Water Association’s international program and is working with the Association in water sectors in Vietnam, Korea and Indonesia.
MoU's have been signed between the Australian Water Association and the:
• Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute (KETI)
• Korea Water and Wastewater Works Association (KWWA)
• Malaysia Water Association (MWA)
• Pacific Water & Wastewater Association (PWWA)
• Vietnam Water Supply and Sewerage Association (VWSA)
• American Water Works Association
• Federation of Thai Industry (FTI)
• Persatuan Perusahaan Air Minum Indonesia – Indonesian Water Supply Association (PERPAMSI)
• Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU)
• Philippines Water Works Association (PWWA)