Branch Manager, NSW & ACT
• Australia’s leading member association in the water sector
• Raise your profile across the water industry in NSW & ACT
• Enhance your stakeholder engagement skills; Flexible P/T opportunity, 3 - 4 days per week.
The Australian Water Association is the national peak water organisation, delivering information, expertise and collaboration for sustainable water management. Our membership base is varied and we operate nationally with an active branch network across Australia. We're seeking an energetic and professionally presented Branch Manager for NSW & ACT to support the delivery of our industry programs, events and member services in NSW & ACT.
You will be a strong advocate for the Association and work very closely with our local Branch Committee and our Events Team whilst reporting to our National Manager – Member Engagement in Sydney.
• Member Services: Provide support for our larger state events in NSW & ACT; Ensure branch sponsorship targets are delivered and provide registration and promotional support for all Branch events and activities.
• Memberships: Build and nurture relationships with Association members and be recognised as the first point of contact for existing and prospective members in NSW & ACT. Support membership recruitment and retention strategies in co-ordination with the Membership team.
• Communication, Marketing & Digital: Communicate key messages effectively and efficiently to all key internal & external stakeholders to ensure transparent communication on all activities, programs and services being delivered. Maintain the Branch website ensuring the events calendar is up-to-date and facilitate content for the Association's digital platforms.
• Stakeholder Management: Facilitate Branch committee and sub-committee meetings, and build and maintain positive and productive relationships with key industry stakeholders across the water sector, including state/ federal agencies, Ministerial Offices and departments. Co-ordinate Committee activities for Specialist Networks as required.
• Budget: Effectively manage the Branch budget ensuring revenue targets are met and regular updates on the budget are given to the Branch Committee and the Finance team.
To be successful it is essential that you have:
• Tertiary quals. in communications/PR, marketing, event mgt., business admin or at least 5-7 years' relevant experience in a similar role with an association and/or within the water sector.
• Demonstrated experience in events and project management.
• An ability to work, communicate (across a range of channels) and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
• An ability to manage and report to budgets effectively.
• Self-motivation and be able to work autonomously.
• Strong collaboration skills and an ability to work as part of busy team.
• Solid knowledge of CRM/stakeholder management systems; Experience with iMIS is an advantage.
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• An understanding of the water industry is an advantage.
Why the Australian Water Association?
Our Membership Services team has chosen to align their career with the Association because we are passionate about what we do and we are good at it. We are professional, hardworking, & down to earth, and really encourage the spirit of team collaboration.
This role provides a State focus and regular interaction with the Senior Leadership Team. There will be ample opportunity to raise your profile and have a direct impact on the delivery of the Association's business objectives within NSW and the ACT.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please send your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume to Tara@jwhr.com.au by no later than 10 November 2017.
Australian Water Association Values
What is our Culture? How do we do things at the Australian Water Association?
Australian Water Association members, employees and stakeholders share a set of values to help guide behaviours in terms of how we treat each other as well as those in the broader community. These values are part of our culture.
In everything the Association does, we will:
- Respect and respond to the needs of our members and stakeholders, striving to continually improve the quality of our services.
- Be open and accessible, fair and equitable, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and confidence.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of our members, volunteers and employees.
- Encourage a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
- Be creative, innovative, agile and change oriented.
- Do what is best for our members and community for a sustainable water future.
Exciting career opportunities...
Australia is leading the world in adapting to a rapidly drying climate, therefore our water industry is experiencing a period of change and expansion. The industry is growing and it is anticipated that there will be approximately $30 billion invested in infrastructure over the next ten years.
There is a unique advantage for Australia's current and future water workers:
- There will be demand for 40,000 new water workers by 2018 according to research reports AND
- The reputation of Australia's water workers has led to increasing international demand for their expertise
Careers in water can also offer the following benefits:
- Career stability
- Good working conditions
- Challenging and satisfying work
- A whole world of opportunity
For more information about careers or to search for job opportunities in the water sector, visit our jobs site.