The Australian Water Association leads the field in supporting the Australian Water sector in the delivery of effective and sustainable water management practices. With offices in most state capitals, the association operates nationally but has a truly global reach offering a unique career development opportunity.
We are seeking an energetic Events Manager to join the events team based at the national office in St Leonards to manage a diverse range of events, from conferences and exhibitions to seminars and gala dinners. This includes being part of the dynamic in-house team that delivers Australia’s largest water conference and exhibition for 4,000+ attendees, Ozwater.
Reporting to the National Manager – Events & Marketing, your responsibilities will include:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Working with the national events team, state branch managers and branch committees to provide conference, event and award management services for the Association, from conception to delivery
- Providing strategic and creative insight into the development and design of state and national events to deliver on the Associations core principles of delivering information, networking and recognition to members
- Managing and maintaining event budgets and timelines
- Effective communication with all relevant stakeholders including planning committees, delegates, presenters, sponsors and exhibitors.
- Proven event management skills with demonstrated ability to manage small to medium events (at least 3 years) from conception to delivery;
- Experience with Event management software with preference given to ETouches and iMIS experience;
- Experienced technology user who has had exposure to the management of event apps, website content and uploading as well as being proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated exposure to working with committees to deliver an event;
- Positive "can do" attitude;
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership qualities with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- The ability to multi-task across several event projects simultaneously;
- High attention to detail;
- A proven desire to enhance your event management skills.
You will be joining a dynamic team and will work across multiple departments including marketing and membership to take your professional development to the next level.
How to Apply:
Please provide a covering letter that specifically addresses the selection criteria together with your CV to our HR Partner Tara O'Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 1 September 2017.
Australian Water Association Values
What is our Culture? How do we do things at the Australian Water Association?
Australian Water Association members, employees and stakeholders share a set of values to help guide behaviours in terms of how we treat each other as well as those in the broader community. These values are part of our culture.
In everything the Association does, we will:
- Respect and respond to the needs of our members and stakeholders, striving to continually improve the quality of our services.
- Be open and accessible, fair and equitable, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and confidence.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of our members, volunteers and employees.
- Encourage a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
- Be creative, innovative, agile and change oriented.
- Do what is best for our members and community for a sustainable water future.
Exciting career opportunities...
Australia is leading the world in adapting to a rapidly drying climate, therefore our water industry is experiencing a period of change and expansion. The industry is growing and it is anticipated that there will be approximately $30 billion invested in infrastructure over the next ten years.
There is a unique advantage for Australia's current and future water workers:
- There will be demand for 40,000 new water workers by 2018 according to research reports AND
- The reputation of Australia's water workers has led to increasing international demand for their expertise
Careers in water can also offer the following benefits:
- Career stability
- Good working conditions
- Challenging and satisfying work
- A whole world of opportunity
For more information about careers or to search for job opportunities in the water sector, visit our jobs site.