• Leading Industry Association – Water Sector
• Great opportunity to start or grow your Events career and learn from the best!
• Really passionate team who strives to have a positive impact on water sustainability, St Leonards based.
The Australian Water Association is Australia’s biggest water network promoting sustainable water management and connecting our members through three core principles: information, networking and recognition. Our membership base is varied and we operate nationally with an active branch network across Australia.
We are seeking a passionate Events Coordinator to join our dynamic events team based at our national office in St Leonards to assist with managing a diverse range of events, from conferences and exhibitions to seminars and gala dinners. This includes being part of our great in-house team that delivers Australia’s largest water conference and exhibition for 4,000+ attendees, Ozwater, the largest water convention in the southern hemisphere.
Your typical duties will include:
• Supporting the events team in the co-ordination of national events.
• Collaborate with Business Units and Branches to provide event services as required.
• Manage onsite event operations for small to medium events using a detailed event order.
• Support the Event Managers with larger events
• Manage the registration process including registration set up and pre and post event communication.
• Engage with event participants including delegates, presenters, sponsors and exhibitors.
• Liaise with and manage business relationships with relevant suppliers and contractors including venues, audio visual companies, entertainers etc.
• Prepare on-site event material including name badges, programs, menus etc.
• Assist with the comprehensive wrap up of events including final survey preparation and distribution, final report and financial reconciliation.
• Maintaining set and approved event budgets.
• You must be PASSIONATE about events
• Ideally a minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role, or a recent graduate in an events or marketing discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and tasks, in a workplace or university environment.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver technical and networking events or similar work experience gained whilst studying.
• Experience with CRM or Aventri software or similar
• Strong computer literacy especially Microsoft Office & Microsoft Excel
• Confident, engaging and compelling communications skills.
• Excellent time management skills & self-organised and adaptable.
• Remain calm under pressure, can prioritise and work on multiple and diverse projects.
• Meticulous and have a great eye for detail.
• LOVES contributing and being part of a team.
Our Events & Marketing teams has chosen to align their career with the Australian Water Association because we are really passionate about what we do. We are professional, hardworking, & down to earth, and really encourage the spirit of team collaboration.
How to Apply:
Please provide a covering letter that specifically addresses the selection criteria together with your CV to email@example.com by no later than Friday, 9 November 2018.
Australian Water Association Values
What is our Culture? How do we do things at the Australian Water Association?
Australian Water Association members, employees and stakeholders share a set of values to help guide behaviours in terms of how we treat each other as well as those in the broader community. These values are part of our culture.
In everything the Association does, we will:
- Respect and respond to the needs of our members and stakeholders, striving to continually improve the quality of our services.
- Be open and accessible, fair and equitable, acting with honesty and integrity, building trust and confidence.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of our members, volunteers and employees.
- Encourage a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusiveness to build enduring relationships and unity.
- Be creative, innovative, agile and change oriented.
- Do what is best for our members and community for a sustainable water future.
Exciting career opportunities...
Australia is leading the world in adapting to a rapidly drying climate, therefore our water industry is experiencing a period of change and expansion. The industry is growing and it is anticipated that there will be approximately $30 billion invested in infrastructure over the next ten years.
There is a unique advantage for Australia's current and future water workers:
- There will be demand for 40,000 new water workers by 2018 according to research reports AND
- The reputation of Australia's water workers has led to increasing international demand for their expertise
Careers in water can also offer the following benefits:
- Career stability
- Good working conditions
- Challenging and satisfying work
- A whole world of opportunity
For more information about careers or to search for job opportunities in the water sector, visit our jobs site.