Young Water Professional of the Year
Recognising young water professionals who have outstanding career achievements to date and who have the potential to play a large and influential role in the water industry.
Note: To be eligible nominee's must be 35 years & under when the Australian Water Awards are presented, Wednesday 8 May 2019.
- Displayed an exemplary personal and professional contribution to the water industry
- Recognised for raising the profile of careers in the water industry
- Recognised for raising water awareness in the community
- Recognised as a leader, communicator and/or educator amongst colleagues, peers and the broader community
When completing the online nomination form you will be asked to answer the following.
- How has the nominee contributed professionally to the water sector? (350 words)
- From a voluntary and personal perspective, how have they contributed to the water sector? (350 words)
- Outline the nominee's top three career highlights to date (500 words)
- How has the nominee raised the profile of careers in the water industry? (350 words)
- Water awareness in the community is important. How has the nominee raised a greater awareness of water across the wider community? Please provide at least one example. (500 words)
- What is the nominee’s proudest ‘water’ achievement to date? (500 words)
- In summary, outline why the nominee should be awarded Young Water Professional of the Year. (500 words)
- Please upload:
- Hi-resolution photos x 3
- Please provide a short overview of the nominee, to be used at the awards presentation night, should they be selected as a finalist. (50 words)
Note: Two new elements have been added to the 2018 National Young Water Professional of the Year Award.
1. Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to prepare a one-minute video overview of the nominee for promotional purposes.
2. Winners of the State Award who progress to the National Award will asked to provide a written reference from the nominee's manager.
2018 Winner - Australian Young Water Professional of the Year
Katrin Doederer, Research Fellow, The University of Queensland (QLD)
Katrin is highly deserving of the 2018 Young Water Professional of the Year as she has demonstrated all the hallmarks of a very successful and committed early career professional. Not only has she rapidly developed from a successful PhD student to a highly regarded expert in the field of disinfection by-products in drinking water, she has also demonstrated her prowess as an effective communicator and productive project leader at the interface between research and practice. This award will greatly encourage Katrin on this steep career trajectory, with significant current and future benefits for the Queensland and Australian water industry.